I have demonstrated Thinking critically and creatively in the artifact by thinking of different ideas on how to build out tower. This is important because it showed how I demonstrated the learning objective.
The Second SLO I demonstrated was Applying technological skills for the 21st century by doing using a 3D printer to print the connectors and is important because i'm using 21 century technology in my project.I could have improved the SLO Representing self, school and community through personal responsibility and global citizenship better by making our tower taller liker the skyscraper that are build nowadays.
The project that I am submitting as an artifact for 3D Printing had the following learning objectives 3D geometry for the connector. These link back to the course learning objectives by demonstrating my understanding in 3d Geometry.
The assignment or project was about building connectors with measurements & building a tower. All the rods had measurements, as well as the connectors. This required me to think a lot about my tower 7 how I wanted t to turn out.The Process I went through to do this project and meet the learning objectives first started with frustration because i did not understand the math & how openscad world. Then it ended with excitement because with the teachers help me & my partner were able to build or connectors & have a better understanding of 3D math.Throughout this process listed above I have realized I have learned or grown in the following ways: with a demonstration & the teacher help.These link back to the course goals and project goals with the following evidence of having a better understanding.This tells me the following about myself and how I learn that if I don't understand the subject I will need the teacher's help, instead of trying to do everything by myself.
The Two School Wide Learning Outcomes I demonstrated with this Artifact are Applying technological skills for the 21st century & Thinking critically and creatively
Overall the the most important things I have learned in this class this year are to understand 3D math & These skills I have learned in this class will help me in the future by understanding geometery.
The design challenge of the Bridge Design Project was to efficiently build a bridge following the rubric. The requirements were that bridge was only supposed to be build with the materials that Mr.Roach gave us which were : glue, woodsticks, box cutter knife, pins plus the blueprint that we made. The other requirements were that the length of the bridge had to be between 250-300 mn. The width of the bridge had to be between 50-75 mm while the height of the whole bridge had to be less than 100 mm. The length of the roadbed had to be between 200-300 mm, the width of the roadbed had to be between 50-75 mm and the height of the roadbed has to be less than 20 mm. My bridge met these requirements because all my measurements were between the numbers Mr.Roach gave us. Some things I learned about in the lectured and/or in demonstration were that the heavier the bridge is then it has more probability of holding more bricks. My personal assessment of my effort on the project is very good. My bridge met all the requirements and it was able to hold 2 ½ bricks. I have to re-do my blueprint because the measurements were not exact. The evidence and steps I took to meet these goals were to draw the blueprint. The blueprint had to have the roadbed, top view, side view and endview. It had to have the exact measurements in mm. After that you had to design it. I got the wooden sticks and i cut them the size I needed them to be and I would glue them on the wax sheet that was on top of my blueprint. Then I put all the sides together using glue. After I was done I had to weight my bridge then it was time to see how many bricks it would hold. From doing this bridge project I learned was how to make my bridge strong enough and how to make it stable. I got better at measuring things and creating blueprints. Things I struggled with were drawing the blueprint. My overall experience with this project was stressful but at the same time it was fun. The reason I would find this project stressful is because I had to re-do my blueprint, but it was fun seeing how many bricks it could hold.